Terms and Conditions
· If classes are cancelled by the instructor due to illness or for any other reason the series will be extended by the number of days missed, if the student cannot attend the extended period a refund may apply
· When purchasing a series, it is up to the student to attend all the classes within the series, any classes missed for illness or otherwise will not be refunded
· If a person is ill or unable to attend multiple classes in a series, a partial credit for the series may be issued upon request ( 48 hours of notice prior to the class is required)
· 3 days or more prior to a series starting- a credit can be applied for a future series upon cancellation of the current one
**All series are continuous painting projects and require attendance from week to week, students are responsible for being there to start and finish paintings. If students miss classes, they will may not have a complete painting and will have to finish it at home
· Full amount of the series or class registered for is due on or before the first day of the class. Full amount can be paid online at the time of registration, or manual payment option can be used to pay by email money transfer to email@example.com or you can pay in cash or card in person on the first day of class
· Home school invoices are sent out at the beginning of the month and are expected to be paid at the beginning of the month. The full month is paid in advance and does not accommodate sick days or days off (parents may contact if a child is going to be absent for a number of weeks for a specific reason)
· If a child is registered for a discounted rate for a 3-6 month period of time in the home-school program and has to leave this agreement early for any reason- the parent will back pay the appropriate total for the duration of time that the child has been attending classes. The charge will be according to the appropriate duration. This final amount will be invoiced at the end of the child's last day in class and will be owing within 2 days of the invoice date.
Non Violence Policy
· Violence is not tolerated while attending classes at Art Adventures inside or outside of the studio space. If a child or person is physically violent or using violent or aggressive speech toward others (including the teacher) the teacher reserves the right to make a decision to ask the child to leave the premise and that child will no longer be able to attend classes at Art Adventures
· If a child or person is violating the expressed boundaries of another Art Adventures reserves the right to ask them to leave and no longer attend classes
· children are expected to participate in the art activities that are being offered, if they are unwilling to participate or distracting other children from doing art then they will not be able to continue classes. Art Adventures presents a learning environment that has some structure with step - by - step teaching of technique based art styles while also offering some areas of open exploration and self motivated project time.
Children must have the capacity to follow technique based guidance and also practice self regulation during free times, they are always required to be working on the tasks at hand with a genuine interest in being there to produce art.
Some children may not fit this type of learning environment for a number of reasons and Alicia reserves the right to make this judgment call about whether a child is not the right fit for this program
Photography for marketing
· Photos are taken of the participants after and sometimes during classes for marketing use purposes, permission is given here for all usage of these photos. If you wish to opt out of this, please let me know on or before the first day of class
Going outside with the children
· A nature trail is located behind the building and when the kids are with me for longer days we take a break and go outside to walk and play in the field. Permission is given here to take the child off premise for this purpose